Ditto to what Brian says about changing perms on the
directory.

A bit of a brute force method here, but if you're
scrapped for time and don't want to wait for the
deletion attempt to take place, you could also try
doing a "find grep" from your MySystem directory.
Look for all files (.pl?, .c?) and grep for unlink/rm
and/or log.
If your output is too large, just redirect it to a
file and peruse at your leisure.

grep is your friend ;)

I find this korn shell function often useful (placed
in  my .kshrc file)

function gf {
        if [[ $# != 2 ]] then
            print "Usage: gf <file(s) | wildcard>