All,

I had some code which ran the old version of
Crypt::CBC (2.12).

Using these headers to create the object:-

my $cipher = new
Crypt::CBC($ENCRYPTION_KEY,'Blowfish');

I've now built a new machine. Copied the database
values (encrpypted using the above) onto the new
machine DB using mysqldump etc..

However I've found a problem in that the new machine
is built with Crypt::CBC version 2.17..

The above code does not work anymore as I now get the
following error...:-

Ciphertext does not begin with a valid header for
'salt' header mode at /usr/local/lib/perl/.....

I tried doing this:-

my $cipher = new Crypt::CBC(
            -key => $ENCRYPTION_KEY,
            -cipher => 'Crypt::Blowfish',
            -insecure_legacy_decrypt =>1
            -header =>'randomiv'
            -salt =>'1'
                        );

But I still get the error...

Any ideas what on earth I'm supposed to do to be able
to use my old information?

Marty