eyal edri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm using LWP::UserAgent & Crypt:SSLeay to fetch pages from the web
> (https also).
> i was trying to fetch the url :  https://www.magnusadventures.com/
> <https://www.magnusadventures.com/>
> and I've lwp returned the following error:
> 500 SSL negotiation failed: error:1407E086:SSL
> routines:SSL2_SET_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
>
> i've surfed manually to the web site (via firefox) and found out that
> it's certificate has expired,.
> Nevertheless, i was able to tell the browser that i trust this site and
> was able to surf it in the end.
>
> my question is, can i force lwp to handle all sites, regardless if they
> have a valid certificate or not?

Works ok for me.  Just as a wild guess, try :

   cd C:/perl/site/lib/auto/Crypt/SSLeay       (or whatever drive it's on)
   perl <drive:/path/script.pl> <URL>          (or whatever the args are)
                                               (use \ instead of / if using M$
shell)

make sure your PATH ENV vrbl has '.' as the first entry.

You could be picking up a DLL from elsewhere and hopefully this will get
the Perl version.  Also make sure SSLeay.dll is there.