Hello there,

I am using Perl5.8 on a Solaris 8 machine. I am
getting this following error in my code because of I
am using "threads". IT looks like there is a problem
with the installation, can anybody help?

### This is the ERROR ####
This Perl hasn't been configured and built properly
for the threads
module to work.  (The 'useithreads' configuration
option hasn't been used.)

Having threads support requires all of Perl and all of
the XS modules in
the Perl installation to be rebuilt, it is not just a
question of adding
the threads module.  (In other words, threaded and
non-threaded Perls
are binary incompatible.)

If you want to the use the threads module, please
contact the people
who built your Perl.

Cannot continue, aborting.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/sun4-solaris/threads.pm
line 28.
Compilation failed in require at
/h/sunghs/nci/bin/hpnci-perl.pl line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at prog-perl.pl line