Hi All,

I need to port my Perl script from Unix to Windows. Can someone tell me how to
figure out which platform I am on? i.e. I need to know which Perl command can
help me determin the platform. Once I know the platform, I'll code my script as
the example bellow. But, how to figure out I am on Windows or Unix?

if ($usingUNIX)
    {
    $directory = `ls`;   #UNIX version.
    $copyCommand = `cp`;   #UNIX version.
    }
else
    {
    $directory = `dir`;  #Win32 version.
    $copyCommand = `COPY`;  #Win32 version.
    }

Second question:
The UNIX #!/usr/bin/perl notation does not work with Perl scripts on Windows.
How should I code if it is Unix I place "#!/usr/bin/perl" at the very first
line of the script? But, I do not place it at the first line of code if it is
not Unix? How should I do it?

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary