Ben Eagle wrote:
> Bill,
>
> That deffently would be a option for more advanced users but I was
> trying to make it some what easier for the beginner.
> I made a form that passes all the values to a Perl script and the Perl
> script places the values in a css string and then prints it into a css
> file.
>
> But with that I need to find out how to get the values from the css to
> re-populate the form.

Don't follow your explanation.  You can upload the CSS file into a TEXTAREA
in a form and send it back to the browser.  Then when they submit the form,
you can take the edited text back out of the TEXTAREA and write it back to
the file or a new one (possibly backing up the old data).  The first call
to the script would be missing a param that says it has been edited (causing
you to load the current CSS) and the 2nd call would have it set so you know
to store the new CSS away.

So basically you would call it via something like (no parameters):
        http://localhost/cgi-bin/editcss.pl
and the form would call it with some POST parameters indicating the file is
now edited and needs saving.

If you want something more than the simple ability to edit the file in a
TEXTAREA, then you need to be more specific on what you want things to
look like and what you specifically want to do.