I am trying to write a Perl program on a linux server to submit a request to
a web server. The code runs fine when I request an http page, but I get an
error when I try to get an https page.

See sample code. I activated the debug mode, see output below. I am using
the post method because I ultimately want to send arguments, but this is
just a test and it does not need the arguments. There are no proxy servers
required on my server.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks

Philippe

--------Sample Code----------

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

$ENV{HTTPS_DEBUG} = 1;

require LWP::UserAgent;

$ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;

$in{id} = "1";

$response = $ua->post("https://www.viaklix.com/Admin/login.asp";, \%in);

print $response->content;

exit;

--------End Sample Code----------

--------Output----------

SSL_connect:before/connect initialization

SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A

SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A

SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate A

SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server done A

SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client key exchange A

SSL_connect:SSLv3 write change cipher spec A

SSL_connect:SSLv3 write finished A

SSL_connect:SSLv3 flush data

SSL_connect:SSLv3 read finished A

500 Server closed connection without sending any data back

Versions of the software on my server:

Perl: 5.8.8 (perl -v)

Openssl: 0.9.8g (openssl version)

LWP::UserAgent: 5.8.10