From: perl-unix-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:perl-unix-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of
Saravanan Jothilingam
Sent: 25 August 2011 08:46
To: perl-unix-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: [Perl-unix-users] [Linux] Perl code for DB connectivity and querying
the table.

> Hi,
> I want a perl code for linux which would connect to oracle database, query
> for some table and print the query > output in some text file.
>
> Note:
> 1. we don't want to use DBI or DBD module

Why not? Using DBI/DBD is probably the easiest way of doing that. The
alternative is running an external program like sqlplus.

> 2. We would be executing series of queries at a time

Do you mean you want the perl script to execute a number of queries? In which
case that isn't a problem, just execute them one after another. If you mean you
want to execute them in parallel that can add considerable complexity to your
perl script, so be sure you need it.

HTH

--
Brian Raven

not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any
attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.