If u simply want to translate an execution that u've run successfully on
the command line, into your perl script, u can do a simple:

 my $result=system("command_as-is");
return $result

the output of running that command on the command line is ultimately the
return value and u can use that for a lot other stuff like updating
database tables;

Saludos

Ombongi Moraa Faith