On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> So question one. Is there a (semi-)standard method to translate
> VBScript and WMI to perl code ( Win32::OLE )? All my searching for
> a pure Perl solution to get and set registry entrys and especially
> IPs bound to adapters has been to no avail. Usually I could get the
> info OK ( but was totally lost as to how the correct path was
> determined ) and I have never got a Perl script to set/change/make
> a registry entry.

We added a VBScript to Perl translator to our Perl Dev Kit product in
the 6.0 release.  Here is a screenshot:

  http://www.activestate.com/Products/Perl_Dev_Kit/featuretour/index.plex?page=9

Why don't you download a trial version and see if it works for you:

  http://www.activestate.com/Products/Perl_Dev_Kit/

While it is PDK 6.0, this is still the first release of the VBScript
converter, so please send us bug reports if you have VBScript samples
that are not translated correctly.

Cheers,
-Jan