On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:05:14 -0800,
Brian McKee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
Hi All
 New list member - please shove me around as required :-)

I've written a script to forward logs on an XP box.
I'm a pretty newbie perl guy, and this is my first Win32 attempt
so it's likely something obvious.

Using MIME::Lite, it sends plain text fine, but gives me
'permission denied' when I try and attach a binary file.

Does it matter that the system has no file association for the file type?

The section I think is appropos is:
# if it's still here - attach it
       print "trying to attach binary file $currentPath - $_ \n " ;
         $msg->attach(
           Type        => 'AUTO',
           Path        => $currentPath ,
           Filename    => $_ ,
           Disposition => 'attachment'
         );
   }
   my $folderEndLine = qq|
End of $currentPath
$headerLine
| ;
   $msg->attach(
       Type => 'TEXT',
       Data => $folderEndLine ,
       ) ;
}
warn "Error sending e-mail: $!" unless $msg->send;
-----------------------------------

The whole script is below.

The archives show an inquiry about the same error circa 2001, but
I can't see what the fix was.

Any pointers appreciated.

Brian McKee

PS  What's the difference between the -users and the -adminstrators lists?

Hi,

You said you're using SMTP. Could it be the server who says it refuses binary attachments ???
Some Exchange servers may do this now to prevent virus spreadings...

regards,
      BT
--
 Bernard Tremblay