I am successfully monitoring the event logs of several windows machines,
the script works fine and by using Win32::EventLog::GetMessageText($evtHashRef)
it gets all messages of "application", "system" and "security".

A newer machine is a domain controller and has an event log called
"directory service" (and two more). The function does not work for
those!

Has anybody a solution for that or am I just missing something?

Ruediger

(I already posted the same message on the perl-win32-users mailing list)