That was my original post ...

Bill in Brooklyn

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Timothy Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 6:01 PM
To: Timothy Johnson; Castle, Eric; perl-win32-admin@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: RE: Accessing the registry with Win32::TieRegistry on XP as stduser not working

I found this on Google:  http://www.mail-archive.com/perl-win32-users@listserv.activestate.com/msg34839.html

From: Timothy Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 2:53 PM
To: 'Castle, Eric'; perl-win32-admin@listserv.ActiveState.com

Have you tried using the Open function instead of $Registry?  I suspect that $Registry may be using remote registry semantics to access the registry, and that may be why regular users wouldn’t have access.  Maybe if you use the Open function to open the key directly you might be able to access it “locally”.