Reini Urban wrote:
> Aldo,
> i'm still trying to fool around with cygwin and mingw,
> but at first have to build a new mingw-perl 5.6.1, because with
> this it will be much easier. (it can use the msvc headers and
> libs, and not the cygwin/w32api)
> but at first I have the solve the current cygwin perl-5.6.1-1
> problem with gdbm.

I am also trying to fool around with cygwin, but I didn't
even could produce a working Perl build :-(
I'm trying to build the Perl 5.6.0 source tree under a
precompiled cygwin install, and it seems everything goes
well, I have a perl.exe but everytime it is launched it
says that the application failed to initialize properly
(0xc0000005). should be something stupid like access denied
to some shared library, but I can't track it down.
BTW, I gave libmsvcrt.a to Configure when it was asking for
my C library, dunno if it's correct...

PS. this thread should probably be moved to the
Perl-Win32-GUI-Hackers mailing list ;-)

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;