Shain Edge wrote:
> Hehe..
>
> The question I would ask is why isn't the documentation in all
> of the other distributions, or at least a file to itself with a
> link to it in the source code? I found the Win32-GUI accidently
> by doing a Win32 search on the PPM. It looked like something that
> would interest me so I DLed it, looked at it and blinked,
> wondering how to use it? Second step was looking around at the
> files that were installed and only found the creator's e-mail.
> Then I searched around more and found only other types of
> distributions of the product, but no docs. So I ended up posting
> the question.

you're correct, and pardon my nervous attitude :-)
I usually announce releases on this mailing list, so I presumed
that users of this mailing list were aware of the fact that the PPM
distribution is only there to help people without a C compiler,
not to provide a complete package.
the documentation is not stable at this point, so it can't be
added to the PPM (would leave a mess of half-written files here
and there with every new release :-).

> This goes to another question. What are the primary differences
> between Win32-GUI and Perl-Tk?

this is candidate #1 for the yet-to-be-written FAQ :-)

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;