From: "Simon Taylor - Tegel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 8:44 PM
Subject: [perl-win32-gui-users] Dr Watson

> I've installed Win32::GUI 0.0.558 from the contributed PPM binary on
> SourceForge onto my Windows 2000 machine running ActiveState Perl 5.6.0
> Build 623.  However when I try to run a Perl script that uses Win32::GUI,
> get a Dr Watson: application exception number c00000005 (access
violation).

> I also tried installing 0.0.558 from the source distribution using the
nmake
> utility but I'm probably missing something important like the Visual C++
> compiler/linker (cl.exe?).
>
> I didn't get the Dr Watson problem when running 0.0.502 but I was getting
> lots of strange GUI behaviour, so I thought I'd try the latest version.
So
> far, no joy.
>
> My burning question: Is Win32::GUI okay on Windows 2000?
>
> Thanks
> Simon Taylor
> Technology Analyst
> Tegel Foods Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> CAUTION:
> This message and any attachments contain privileged and confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are
hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error
please notify the sender immediately via email and then destroy this message
and any attachments.
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and
may not necessarily reflect the views of Tegel Foods Ltd.