Howard,

It sounds like you want to have a label next to your check box.  Something
like

     $Window->AddLabel(
            -text    => "Click here to enable a great feature",
            -name    => "Viewby",
            -left    => 500,
            -top     => 32,
            -width   => 45,
            -height  => 16,
     );

     $Window->AddCheckbox(
            -text    => "",
            -name    => "IconVW",
            -left    => 700,
            -top     => 32,
            -width   => 15,
            -height  => 14,
     );

(I have not checked the distances so the text might be short of the
checkbox or even over run it).

For a different icon, something like

     my $w_icon = new Win32::GUI::Icon("my.ico");

     my $w_class = new Win32::GUI::Class(
            -name => "MyUniqueWindowsGuiClass",
            -icon => $w_icon,
     );

     $Window = new GUI::Window(
         -name   => "Window",
         -text   => "My App",
         -width  => 500,
         -height => 600,
         -left   => $scr_width-650,
         -top    => $scr_height-550,
         -style  => WS_NORESIZE | WS_SYSMENU | WS_MINIMIZEBOX,
         -class  => $w_class,
     );

The best references I've found for Win32::GUI are the examples that come
bundled in and this list (although last time I looked, the search facility
had stopped working on this list, which is a great shame).

Kev.

                    "Howard, Steven (US - Tulsa)"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       To:
perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net
                    Sent by:                                      cc:

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:
[perl-win32-gui-users] cosmetic items
                    eforge.net

                    28/11/2001 20:47

I'm familiar with Perl, but I'm working on the first app I've built using
Win32::GUI. For the most part, I have everything functional, but a few
items I am having trouble finding, and would like a few pointers (and a few
pointers to some more good examples and references on GUI) on how to get
this accomplished:

1.      Can I add a caption, or prompt to a check box? Presently, I am
using a read-only text field. That's OK, but it just doesn't look like I
wanted it to look.

2.      Can I replace that camel in the upper LH corner with my company's
logo? I've looked for an example, but have not found it addressed (at least
not in a way I recognize).

Any help would be appreciated - and a pointer to a good online reference
would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Howard
Sr. DBA DTO
- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
protected by law.  - If you are not the intended recipient, you should
or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it,
is strictly prohibited