What finally worked for me was to add:

## $MainWindow is the window that has my RichEdit control.
$MainWindow->InvalidateRect(0);

I hope this works for you as well.

Jonathan

At 6/6/2002 09:56 AM, Straub, Peter (Peter) wrote:
Hi all,

like other contributors to this list I experienced
refresh problems with rich edit controls (Win32-GUI 558).
Everything displays ok but when the contents is scolled,
especially some chars I add this way:

  $wRichEdit->Select($iOffset, $iOffset+1);
  $wRichEdit->ReplaceSel(chr(0x3A));
  $hFormat{-color} = hex("FF0000");
  $wRichEdit->Select($iOffset, $iOffset+1);
  $wRichEdit->SetCharFormat(%hFormat);

I'm afraid I can not recover from this with the "update"
solution that has been suggested so far, at least I'm not
aware of any usable event to trigger it with.

Anything wrong with my code?
All Suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Peter

P.S.:
I already thought about migrating to 665, but then I
need subclassing to get mouse events from the rich edit
controls and this doesn't seem to work ... ?