From: "Aldo Calpini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net>,
        "Jonathan Southwick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [perl-win32-gui-users] Creating menu's "on-the-fly"
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:35:23 +0200

Jonathan Southwick wrote:
> I have a file that contains some information that is used to create a
menu,
> almost like a Recently Opened Files list.  I tried using the code from the
> podview,pl sample but it is not working for me.  Can anyone see anything I
> am doing wrong?
>
> [...]
>        *$subname = eval(qq(
>           sub {
>                       print "got a click\n";   ## this is for testing, but
> I don't get a click
>              $MainWindow->Message->Text($MESSAGE{$key});
>              return;
>           }
>        ));

if you're using qq() to quote the sub, you need to escape sigils:

               \$MainWindow->Message->Text(\$MESSAGE{\$key});

NOTE: please forward this msg to the mailing list, because SourceForge
is refusing to receive mail from me :-(

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;

Jonathan Southwick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technical & Network Services
Allegheny College, Meadville, PA 16335