Take a look at where you put your Win32::GUI::Dialog(); line. I believe it
will remain an hourglass until you give the control over to the user input.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cruickshanks, Darin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 5:10 AM
To: Perl-Win32-Gui-Users
Subject: [perl-win32-gui-users] Strange mouse behaviour

This one is not terribly important, but is annoying!

Whenever I start one of my GUI programs, the mouse cursor changes to an
hour glass until you click on something or move it over an object.  And
sometimes it might stay as the text input mouse cursor when clicking on
a file menu.  This can be confusing to users so does anyone else
experience this or have any ideas on what the problem may be.  I think
it may be a focus issue but I am getting nowhere.

Cheers,

Darin
Darin Cruickshanks
Labs Manager, Computing Service