Thanks, that worked.  One question though, just because I am curious:

What does the 'x26' do?

Jonathan

At 11/13/2003  03:52 PM, Glenn Linderman wrote:
On approximately 11/13/2003 1:20 PM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of Jonathan Southwick:

Is it possible to change the text on a menu? I want to change a menu item from "Refresh workgroups" to "Refresh clients" depending on what view they are currently at. I am already keeping track of the view I just need to change the menu text.

  $m_config->{'sGetDataDir'}->Change( -text =>
    "\x26reset data directory ($datadir)" );

Your menu object will be different than mine ($m_config), and your menu item will be different than mine (sGetDataDir), and the text you want to display will be different than mine ("\x26reset data directory ($datadir)", but this should give you the idea.

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/