Use ppm (programmers package manager) with activeperl. Type "ppm" at a
command prompt, then type "help" for instructions.

If you prefer to use CPAN (comprehensive perl archive network) to
install modules/packages (often more are available here) you can use:

perl -MCPAN -e shell

then at the "cpan >" prompt type: install Module::Name.

If you don't have a compiler and header files then CPAN will often fail
to work as a lot of modules have to be compiled before they can be used.
With ActivePerl, PPM makes many precompiled modules available to you,
one of which is Win32::GUI, but others are available. You can use the
PPM shell to query certain large module repositories, or you can install
a downloaded module from a .ppd file.

To install a perl module from a .ppd file, use:
ppm install The-Module.ppd
at a command prompt.

To get a PPM shell, use:
ppm

You can now enter PPM commands. The only PPM commands I ever really use
are:
install <module>
search <string>

the "help" command may be useful for new users.

Steve