perlmonks.com is a great place to look for answers to
questions like this.  The quick answer to your
question is:

$stuff =
'Client/workstation///printserver/printer,winspool,ne01:';

my ($client, $station, $server, $printer, $spool,
$otherthing) =
 ($stuff =~

print "$client, $station, $server, $printer, $spool,
$otherthing\n";