Does the scanning software provide any API (OLE/ActiveX/Win32::NamedPipe)? Any
of these would likely allow a direct passing of data to the application...

Jason P.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Spearman
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:00 AM
To: perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [perl-win32-gui-users] Hopefully an easy question about bitmaps...

I am using some scanning software that can provide me with a handle to a DIB
(Device Indep. Bitmap according to the documentation).  What I'd like to do is
display this directly on the screen in a label, or another suitable element.
I'm not very clear on exactly what a handle is (except that it's different from
a pointer, again according to their documentation) and how to interface this
with Win32::GUI.

What I'm doing right now is writing the page out to a BMP file on disk, then
opening it in a Win32::GUI::Bitmap, which is then assigned to a label, but it
seems to me there should be an easier way to do this.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott Spearman
Programmer
Pikeville Medical Center
Phone: 606-218-4660
Pager: 606-437-8542

Note: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete this material from any computer.