>>I plan on moving things to a ThreadsSafe::SendMessage() form in order to
>>allow lifespan of the children beyond that of the window message queue, as
>>well as provide and *easy* way of transfering the data to that queue.

>There is an issue with using the windows queue that you need to be aware off
>(you probably know this anyway, but I'm mentioning it just in case). On all
>versions of windows the queue can't grow beyond a fixed certain size, and in
>versions below XP, the windows queue is relatively small (in xp, the max
>queue size is 10,000). If the queue is full, messages just "disappear".

Well, I guess I never stopped to consider a point where the main thread (the
GUI with the window Queue) would ever reach a point where it HAD 10K entires.
I've never managed to get it to have more than 15 at once, and that was becuase
an operation was blocking...

The method I've worked out here doesn't leave the messages on the windows
queue, but moves them to its own. This doesn't seem likely to occur (hitting
the limit) but it is a possibility, logicly speaking.