On 24/02/2008, M2U Germany <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:27 PM Robert May wrote:
>  > I'd be interested in the solution to this!
>  >
>  > With the code below I see the toolbar jumping from 1 to 3 rows,
>  > despite the fact that
>  > the buttons only appear on 2 rows, and except for when there is only
>  > one row, the number
>  > of rows is always one too big.
>  >

>  Nevertheless I reconsidered your example code, Rob. I finally found the
>  problem causing the wrong dimensions and row counts: we had set the state
>  constant for the seperator to "TBSTATE_ENABLED" but in fact this doesn't
>  make much sense because a "TBSTYLE_SEP" button can't be disabled, right? So
>  I just replaced "TBSTATE_ENABLED" with "0" and all strange behaviour
>  disappeared. This is probably not a really neat solution and I think there
>  might be a constant specified for this purpose. "TBSTATE_INDETERMINATE" is a
>  good candidate, isn't it? It works, too.

Interesting.  That change doesn't fix the problem for me.  can you
post the exact code you are using so I can confirm that I'm
understanding what you say exactly.

>  Of course I'm not as nearly into Win32::GUI programming
>  internals as you and probably most other members of this list are... so I
>  can only guess that using "TBSTATE_ENABLED" on a separator button causes the
>  toolbar sizing routines to *think* of it as a normal button with comparable
>  dimension needs and therefore to wrap this (imaginary and obviously not
>  displayed) space into the next line.

As far as I am aware a 'button' of type TB_SEP should completely
ignore the state, and it shouldn't make any difference what state you
set.  I can't see any difference myself.

>  Whatever the exact reason may be, the solution shown above seems to work.
>  Main conclusion: no bug to be eliminated... hooray!

I don't think this is a bug in Win32::GUI - my gut feeling is that it
is the behaviour of the underlying Win32 toolbar control, but I'd be
interested in seeing a working solution.

Cheers,
Rob.