Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 07:47:16 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [perl-win32-gui-users] GUI and Console in the same application?

Hi, I'm having some trouble with getting an idea I have (that I think
will work) actually implemented in Perl.

I work at a job that has me connecting to various systems all over the
place with the command prompt (Win32 environment). I also have a rather large
collection of scripts, batch files, and commands that I use frequently on the
systems I connect to. What I'm trying to do is to reduce some of the repetitive
tasks while working on these systems.

I want to have a command prompt that basically has a toolbar of sorts
associated with it, which will have buttons for my most used
scripts/commands/etc, so that when I click on a button the information is either
pasted to the window, or the script launches in the background on the
appropriate system. I have tried researching this online via Google without much
luck. (Searching for things like wrapping command prompt, etc.)

I already have a Perl script that makes my connections for me, which I
run from a regular command prompt, and then the connection script backticks out
the remote console application. So I am either looking to add the functionality
to that script, or if I could get a command prompt wrapped into a Perl window, I
could add the connection script to it

Any suggestions or pointers of where I can look for more information?

Thanks!

- Craig