Hey,

If anyone is interested, I have created a Perl module for
DirectX. It is still in the early stages of development, but I have
released it on SourceForge here,
 if anyone would be interested in having a play with it and providing
some feedback. So far, I have created an interface to Direct3D,
DirectSound, and DirectInput. I have also managed to integrate it with
Win32::GUI, which makes creating windows for a DirectX application quite
 simple.

I haven't quite set up the project page yet, so if you wish to
provide some feedback or have any questions, either send me an email, or reply
to my post
about my module on PerlMonks here.

You'll

 need to build the module from source and requires the DirectX SDK.

The
 documentation is lacking at this point, so it's probably best to just
read the documentation that comes with the SDK, since the Perl interface is
still quite similar to the underlying API.

I hope that you find it useful.

Thanks,

Kevin.