Eric C. Hansen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] replied:
> you need GUI::Dialog() to activate the EVENT LOGIC;

Thanks, and I've tried that, but it stops and waits for
an event. I need something that will let me continue
processing.

In my actual program I have a progress bar in the window
which displays just fine. It redraws every time the bar
value is incremented. The label that doesn't show up is a
"Please wait..." label above the progress bar.

When the progress bar is complete, I hide the progress
bar (actually moving it past the edge of the window until
I find a better way), and display some information and an
exit button. At that point I use GUI::Dialog to wait for
the user interaction. Everything works except the label
never shows up.

Isn't there any way to show a label for a progress bar,
which (of course) doesn't block the perl program to wait
for user input? Or is there a better way to do what I want?

--
Mark Thomas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]