From: Joe Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 1999 4:54 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [perl-win32-gui] Win32::Gui Perl Program sharing.

On Fri, 05 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> I don't care where we put it. But it would be nice to have them all
> centrally located. Maybe you could just implement a page that listed all
> submissions with attachments and we can just send them in to the mailing
> list. That would do the trick as well.

The archive software does a pretty poor job at making
the files available. It gives them generic names like "zip000001.zip"
and you have to cross reference them to the message. Unfortunately I've
found some messages that reference the same file for two different
messages.

In any event, I've hacked up an indexing script listing all the attachments
with
a ".zip" or ".pl" extension, that is cross-referenced with the message
that it was attached to. This can be found at
http://www.httptech.com/archives/

>       Joe - By the way, your search engine at
> http://www.httptech.com/perl-win32-gui/ doesn't work very well. You should
> be able to type in "Listbox" and get a list of all the messages with that
> subject in them.

Yes, thanks for letting me know. It turns out that Glimpse, the engine that
drives
the search pages is segfaulting whenever a search is done, so zero results
come back
to the CGI. I've installed a new perl-based search engine here:
http://www.httptech.com/perl-win32-gui/search.cgi
I'll be replacing the old interface with this one shortly.

This one is not an indexing search engine; it searches the message files in
real-time,
so it's going to be a little slower than Glimpse.

-Joe