All,

Can anybody tell me what happens if a DBM file is deleted, whilst the perl
process that is using it is still running.
Can the perl process still write to the DBM file? Is deleting the file the
same as wiping the tied hash clean of data?

I'm trying to decide whether to use a temporary DBM file or stick to memory,
however the memory usage could get very large.
I need to ensure that if I opt for the DBM file that, apart from losing the
data (which will be recreatable), my code wouldn't be affected by a deletion
of the temporary DBM file by forces unknown!

Regards

Marty