Jan,

Carl's script works fine, but I notice that he is using
a "sleep 5" after the PrintOut command.

Should this be necessary?  (Or as you wrote: "that shouldn't be
necessary if the app is correctly written".  Does this mean
that Word was not entirely correctly written? ;-)

While I am posting, I would add that the mod.s you suggested
for my colleague's OLE testing code worked perfectly! THANKS!

Christopher

   <SNIP>