Instead of worrying about what is & is not installed you can try using
Perlapp to create freestanding exes.

Just a thought

                    "Mauricio Lairet P."

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                            To:     "Perl Users
Mailing List"
                    Sent by:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    eState.com                                   Subject:     Install
PM

                    03/06/01 06:01 PM

Hi!

First of all I wanted to thak all who helped me with my Questions about SQL
and ODBC.

Now, Im thinking of using DBI module to work with databases intead of using
Win32::ODBC but my hosting provider has only the typical extensions of Perl
installed and they are not helping so much. So I wanted to know if there is
a way to tell a script that the PM file is in other directory so it will
not
look for it in the standard Perl directory. I want ot know this not only
for
the mentioned DBI module but also to use any module I'd like to use without
asking the hosting provider to install it for me.

I'd really appreciate if you could help me here.

Thank you so much!