This is not a Perl question.  Try a JavaScript list:
http://devedge.netscape.com.

In answer to some of your other questions, I recommend
a reading of some of the O'Reilly books, such as
Learning Perl, and Programming Perl, available at Amazon.

Also, I guess you haven't checked the archives of this
and other AS Perl lists, as at least one of your
questions was answered in the past week
by at least myself.

That's surely quicker than sending a batch of mails
to the list ;)

lee