Have you checked that Perl has been added to your system path?
In Win2k, use the Environment Variable button on right-clicking
the My Computer icon.  In Win95/98, edit your autoexec.bat and
add SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\perl\bin where C:\perl\bin is the path
to your perl\bin.

You can then type perl C:\myfile.pl at the command line and it should
work, provided C:\myfile.pl is there....

hth
Lee