Hello TECKIES.COM,

TCOM> print "Content-Type: multipart/x-mixed-replace;boundary=myboundary\n\n";
TCOM> print "--myboundary\n";

TCOM> and then close the boundary.
TCOM> But IE seems to have a problem with that and says that I cannot load
TCOM> the file due to security reasons. Netscape doesn't have any problem with that.
TCOM> What I still don't understand is why IE is doing this.
TCOM> anyway thanks for the tip

What you are referring to here is "server-push" and you are correct,

it *** DOES NOT WORK WITH IE ***

because IE doesn't support it. Stop pulling out your hair over it.
If you want to send out a banner you will have to use the code that
Bill outlined, but you won't be able to refresh your banners with IE
unless you devise another method.

Best regards,
ryddler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]