> But my question and where I am searching for some clarity is in the
> following line:
> $PerlEx::Samples::spell::words{$_} = 1;
>
> Where I could use some clarity is the name spaces following the
> PerlEx::Samples:: etc. I opened up the PerlEx.pm module, and searched for
> Samples, but did not find any subs or even words named Samples:

The '::' is like a '/' or '\' dir seperator:
if there's no operator on the left-hand side
(*$%@) then the path refers to a module file,
otherwise to the relevant variable/glob.

The root can be either your perl lib, site/lib or
other specified library direcoty (from the -M
command line switch or 'use lib' statement.

hth
lee