>> If I had a complex ANDed expression, I'd just hard code it in the
>> subroutine.
>>
>> For something simple, such as the word TABLE followed somewhere by the
word
>> ALIGN, you could use:
>>
>>   my $stringToFind = 'TABLE.+ALIGN';
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Rick

>Sure, if you wanted to match VEGETABLE ALIGMENT.

Carl,

I'm not sure if you're kidding or serious, but just in case you are
serious...

If you wanted to match strictly the word table and the word align, you could
use

        my $stringToFind = '\bTABLE\b.*\bALIGN\b';

or something to that effect.  Since the variable $stringToFind uses RegEx,
you can use literally any expression you can develop to find matching lines.
If the expression becomes too complex, or in any way limits the flexibility,
you can always go to the subroutine and place the RegEx there.

In short, I believe the originally suggested code accomplished the
originally desired task which was to find all files matching a specific
pattern and containing specific text.

Regards,

Rick