From: Matt Prigge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 5:00 PM
To: Perl-Win32-Users \(E-mail\)
Subject: MySQL Password()

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know an easy way to encrypt something in the exact same way
which MySQL's PASSWORD() function does without actually using that function
(or mysql)? Im not actually sure what type of encryption MySQL uses for that
function (DES?). I dont care if I need extra modules, etc. I just want to
know how to do it if a MySQL server isnt available.

- Matt