\
">
Subject: Re: How to do CDDB lookup via Win32 Perl?

Hello Mike,

8 Jan 2002, 22:12:22, you wrote:

AM> Does anyone have any suggestions (or even better code) to
AM> get read the TOC from an audio CD via Win32 ActivePerl?
AM> Or even the full task of getting the CD info and doing
AM> a CDDB lookup?

AM> I installed the CDDB_get PPM package, but it is clearly
AM> written for Linux and Solaris. I'm not even sure why it
AM> is available via PPM as it does not work at all for
AM> Win32.

AM> Basically, if I can get the audio CD's TOC info, I could
AM> feed it into CDDB_get::cddb_discid() and then do a
AM> CDDB_get::get_cddb() .

AM> But if you have a working method, please let me know.

For this purpose I use a free VB-dll. In its header the author states:

'CCd.CLS ' Copyright (c) 1998, Fredrik Lindberg ' ' Class interface to
CD Audio records for computing ' CDDB disc id. It has been tested with
Windows 98. ' ' Please feel free to use this code in your own
projects. '

This dll uses the Win-API to collect TOC  and cmputes the CDDB-ID too.
I don't know where I got it, but if you would like to use it I can
send it to your private address.

Another way could be to reprogramm the use of the WIN-API in perl. But
I didn't  have the time till now.

--
Best regards,
 Erich                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" --  Best regards,  Erich
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]