Hi All,

    Now there is one more problem:) .. the file I am getting from windows to SOLARIS machine contains ^M characters.... Can PERL handle such file.. removing ^Ms automatically.. or do I have to use some utility for this?

Thanks,

-- Smita

  smi pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi ,

Thanks A Lot Torsten...

rcp 'ntbox:"/Program files/myfile.txt"'  works fine.

rcp '"ntbox:/Program files/myfile.txt"'  gives error ntbox: unknown host.

Actually, This has nothing to do with perl, running rcp on command line (instead of perl script)

gives same results.

The other solution( puttting \ before space) didn't work.But still thanks for the replies.

Thanks A Lot to all of you,

---- Smita

  Torsten Förtsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Try
rcp '"ntbox:/Program files/myfile.txt"' .
or
rcp 'ntbox:"/Program files/myfile.txt"' .

I think the UNIX needs the outer quotes (') but your NT also wants the blank to be quoted.

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:46:38 -0800 (PST)