From: Arul, Rex [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 1:51 PM
To: Perl-Win32-Users
Subject: PerlScript Sans VBScript/Javascript

Hello Folks,
I have used PerlScript for coding ASP Pages, only when my needs are not
satisfied by VBScript/JavaScript. I am currently on Windows NT/2000, IIS 4/5
with ActivePerl. If, as we foresee, a situation in future that we should
support our ASP application on Apache, I was planning to port the existing
IIS-ASP application to Apache::ASP with minimal porting code. That brings up
an important point: If I convert my entire code-base to PerlScript from
VBScript and Javascript under IIS, I would be well off for a future port to
Apache::ASP (http://www.apache-asp.org ). However, I am wondering about the
robustness of PerlScript vis-a-vis, Microsoft's JavaScript/VBScript engines.
Questions:
a) Has anybody observed any **serious** performance degradation with
PerlScript engine of AS?
b) Anybody observed any frequent crash problems with PS Engine of AS?
c) Should I foresee any problems in making this decision to move entirely to
PerlScript, as against VBScript/Javascript?
Thanks,
Rex