On 04/09/2002 11:51:33 Tillman, James wrote:

>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> >

>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > There is some way to get the current directory path of perl script?
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> Try core Cwd module.
>
>That actually returns the current directory, which may or may not be the
>directory of the script when it is run.  FindBin may be a better choice in
>this case.  Also a core module, and mentioned in the docs.

The original question was ambiguous. The word "current" suggests something
that changes. The path of the script doesn't change during runtime, hence
I would have thought that the initial poster wanted Cwd.

It seems that between you and $Bill all possibilities have been covered.
And I learnt about FindBin. I would have thought of $0 for that case.

--
Csaba Ráduly, Software Engineer                           Sophos Anti-Virus
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        http://www.sophos.com