From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 8:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Setting the actual directory with a Perl script.

Hello,

thats not exactly the behaviour I wanted. Its a little bit complicated,
because instead
     C:\>test_cd.pl
     C:/
     C:/
     c:/temp

     C:\>
I want to have
     C:\>test_cd.pl
     C:/
     C:/
     c:/temp

     C:\temp\>
(using your code as test_cd.pl).

Regards,
        Martin Kellner

|--------+----------------------------------------------->
|        |          "Stovall, Adrian M."                 |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           |
|        |          Gesendet von:                        |
|        |          [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|        |          eState.com                           |
|        |                                               |
|        |                                               |
|        |          25.09.2002 15:33                     |
|        |                                               |
|--------+----------------------------------------------->

---------------------------------|

  |       An:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|
  |       Kopie:
|
  |       Thema:  RE: Setting the actual directory with a Perl script.

---------------------------------|

That won't quite work...

#!perl -w
use Cwd;
print cwd."\n";                                          #print the
starting directory
system("cd c:\\temp\\");                  #use the system "cd" command
print cwd."\n";                                          #print the
current
directory
(didn't change)
chdir("c:\\temp\\");                                #change to c:\temp
(insert the
directory name of your choice)
print cwd."\n";                                          #print the
current
directory
(changed as expected)

Above is an example of what using the system "cd" command does.

If you want to change the working directory of your perl script, use
perl's chdir() function.