On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Like .bin, .exe files, The format of the file is binary instead of ASCII.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lixin

The file test operators that I nebtioned previously can sometimes cause
confusion. For example, it is entirely possible that a .pdf file can
consist of nothing but ascii text characters however that doesn't mean
that trying to print it out with NotePad will look very pretty. The use of
the -T operator should not be relied on if the file's extention tells you
something else.

**** [EMAIL PROTECTED] <Carl Jolley>
**** All opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer ****