On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 03:57, Philip Morley wrote:
> I have installed ActiveState Perl 5.8.0 build 802 and have noticed the
> shell prompt when you start PPM seems to be wrong.  Instead of:
>

> I get:
>
> ←[4;mppm> ←[1m
> ←[0m←[4;mppm> ←[1m
>
> Any ideas why?

I don't know what may be causing this problem.  If this is a problem
with PPM, I'd like to get it identified and fixed.

Have you used PPM from any of the ActivePerl 6xx builds?  Did they
display this problem?

Starting with ActivePerl 8xx, 'ppm' runs PPM3, while 'ppm2' runs the
older PPM2.  In ActivePerl 6xx, 'ppm' ran PPM2, while 'ppm3' ran PPM3.
If you sill have access to a ActivePerl 6xx installation, can you try
running ppm3 and see if this problem exists?

Are you running a 3rd party command shell?

Finally, can you run the command 'set' in a command window and send me
the output please?

Thanks!

ds