Burak Gürsoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> umm... did you read my message?

> wantarray is 'exactly' what you want

Second the motion. In fact, Last night I spent a little time writing a
rebuttal, but then I tried it, and you're exactly right. I figured this
would be the last word, but should have known better.

In support of the correct position:

C:\>perldoc -f wantarray
    wantarray
        Returns true if the context of the currently executing
        subroutine is looking for a list value. Returns false if the
        context is looking for a scalar. Returns the undefined value if
        the context is looking for no value (void context).

            return unless defined wantarray;    # don't bother doing more
            my @a = complex_calculation();
            return wantarray ? @a : "@a";

        This function should have been named wantlist() instead.

C:\>

Tom Wyant

information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender
by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.  Unless
explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended",
this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment,
or an acceptance of a contract offer.  This e-mail does not constitute
a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing
purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.