Title: RE: Remote executing a script using perl

We are behind a firewall on a secure network

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas_M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 January 2003 04:00
To: 'Mundell, R. (Ronald)'; Perl-Unix-Users (E-mail); Perl-Win32-Users
(E-mail)
Subject: RE: Remote executing a script using perl

> Is it possible to execute a script remotely on another PC from a perl
> script. If so what must I use to accomplish this task
> Ronald

There are many, many ways to do this. You really should be more specific
about your needs. Is this communication between two large systems where you
would like to future-proof it with standards-compliance and maintainability?
Use the SOAP modules. Is this a simple, scratch-an-itch type need where both
systems are on a protected network (ie behind a firewall)? You could use
Net::Telnet or LWP::Simple and a CGI script. Is this over the internet or on
an unprotected network? You could use Net::SSH or LWP over HTTPS. Also, you
could create your own protocol and write your own client/server programs
using modules like Net::Server and/or IO::Socket.

--
Mark Thomas                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Systems Architect     User Technology Associates, Inc.