>From the LWP::UserAgent pod:

The request can be aborted by calling die() in the callback routine. The die message
will be available as the ``X-Died'' special response header field.

Peter Guzis
Web Administrator, Sr.
ENCAD, Inc.
- A Kodak Company
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.encad.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Shanholtz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 5:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: LWP::UserAgent question (was: One more time... trouble with Win32::Internet -
http Request() vs. ReadFile())

Now that I've switched from Win32::Internet to LWP::UserAgent, the only thing I
haven't been able to figure out is how do I bail out of a request when I'm using a sub
to process each chunk? In other words, if the user wants to cancel the download, what
should the "chunk processing" sub do?
my $res = $ua->request(HTTP::Request->new(GET => "http://"; . $server . $page),
        sub
        {
                my($chunk, $res) = @_;
                print $chunk;
                # HOW DO I BAIL HERE? (PREVENT FURTHER DOWNLOADING)
        });
Thanks to everyone who helped me with Win32::Internet and who steered me toward LWP!