Please post in plain text if you can. It makes it easier to reply.

FARRINGTON, RYAN wrote, on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 10:14
: ok does ActiveState implement something like alarm() in the win32 version?

IIRC, they don't. Someone else may have better information (5.8?) than I do.

: and if I have nested loops:
: how do I make the second loop force the first loop to go to the next instance. I
know next : works in the first loop but if I do that in the second it only affects the
second loop =(

Used named loops:

OUTER:
: foreach $var(@vars){
:         foreach $stuff (@stuffs){

next OUTER if <done_with_this_iteration>;

: }

Good luck,

Joe

          Joseph P. Discenza, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

          Carleton Inc.   http://www.carletoninc.com
          574.243.6040 ext. 300    fax: 574.243.6060

Providing Financial Solutions and Compliance for over 30 Years
***** Please note that our Area Code has changed to 574! *****